- What you must remember
- Make yourKawasaki KX 250 F 2018
- The technical aspect
- Related articles
Kawa presents its new MX2 KX for 2018. Not all the details but a trailer heralding great potential. In anticipation: a host of changes for the coming season … and it is billed as the most technically advanced.
Component changes and new fork settings are accompanied by new shock settings for better shock absorption and optimized operation.
The evolution of the engine was the top priority. With the ultimate goal of reduced lap times – Thus the emphasis is on optimizing acceleration at the start – the new KX 250 F sees changes in the design of the intake and has a new exhaust system.
With new injection settings, the fuel pump pressure increases for this new vintage, the injector mounting angle is less open and the intake body has been shortened. The result is a reduced compression ratio to 13.4: 1 as well as increased horsepower and torque..
The redesigned exhaust is both longer and wider and contributes to a double benefit: extra horsepower and torque. The result ? Better feel at low and mid-range, which improves the feeling of power over the entire range and allows better control at high speeds.
With more manageable power and torque, the new KX 250 F 2018 promises to be the benchmark in MX2 and the queen of the holeshot.
The key points of the 2018 KX 250 F:
– The aluminum perimeter frame is narrower between the main beams and has a revised stiffness to have a better feeling of the front axle.
– The high-performance piston (inspired by those used in competition) has a new design, optimized rigidity and reduced weight.
– Thanks to their adjustable plate, the footrests can be lowered by 5 mm; by lowering the center of gravity and line of sight, this position enhances physical and psychological stability.
– The SFF type 2 fork separates the damping functions in the left tube and the spring in the right tube. The 48 mm diameter tubes and the organization of the internal elements improve the riding comfort, the feeling of the nose gear, reduce bottoming and improve stability when landing jumps or when taking the brakes.
For 2018, revised settings improve braking and cornering stability.
– A “Super-hard” titanium surface treatment (unique in this category) prevents fork wear. The self-lubricating alumite treatment provides a resistant surface that generates little friction on the outer face of the tube which allows the fork to operate smoothly.
– The original settings for the three maps are: Standard, Hard, and Soft. Using the supplied DFI plugs, the pilot can easily switch from one map to another to adapt the settings to the driving conditions.
– The 270mm front disc delivers impressive stopping power while remaining controllable. The petal brake discs also contribute to the overall quality impression and sporty look.
– The ECU has been entirely designed to meet the needs of Motocross competition. The ECU contains 3 engine maps (plus a fourth which governs Launch Control).
The settings of these 3 maps can be easily adjusted using the optional KX FI injection calibration tool..
– The use of double injectors for the KX 250 F is one of the keys to the efficiency of the air-fuel mixture. The engine, optimized for performance, revs very easily and is complemented by a very fast response. For 2018, the acceleration of the gas mixture thanks to the adoption of a more vertical intake and the reduction of mechanical losses improve engine efficiency.
– The balance system is mounted under the swingarm for more precise suspension adjustment. Dual compression adjustment offers a wide range of optional adjustments. Kashima surface treatment of the cartridge improves operation.
For 2018, the KX25F features a new lightweight spring and revised trim for better feel and optimized rear wheel feedback..
– The KX 250 F benefits from a departure assist device called “Launch Control”, very similar to that of the factory KXs. With the push of a button, the pilot can activate a separate engine settings map that increases the chances of getting off to a good start in the race on slippery terrain..
– All new minimalist plastics incorporate, thanks to reoriented radiators, even thinner scoops, a flatter saddle and tank, and the saddle, without seams, is smoother, which makes the movements of the riders easier..
– On the upper crown, two mounting positions for the saddles and reversible saddles provide four handlebar adjustments: 25mm forward, 15mm forward, normal and 10mm backward.
– The new plastic design makes the motorcycle even more compact visually and perfectly respects the style of factory motorcycles. In order to complete the belonging to the great family of KX Kawasaki, the plastics are now adorned with molded graphics, the aluminum rims are black, the fork guards are also black and touches of green decorate the whole machine..
What you must remember
yourKawasaki KX 250 F 2018
Estimate, calculate and compare the cost of insuring your motorcycle.
Calculate the cost of
Test the price of the motorcycle insurance specialist
on 3 opinion
Read the reviews
KX 250 F 2017
Model marketed in
The technical aspect
Kawasaki KX 250 F 2018
- Frame: perimeter aluminum
- Tank: 6.4 liters
- Seat height: 945 mm
- Length: 2172 mm
- Width: 825 mm
- Height: 1260 mm
- Wheelbase: 1478 mm
- Weight in running order: 104.5 kg
- Train before
- Telehydraulic inverted fork Ø 48 mm, deb: 310 mm
- 1 disc Ø 270 mm, 2 piston caliper
- Front wheel:
- 5-speed gearbox
- Secondary chain transmission
- Rear axle
- Mono-shock absorber, deb: 310 mm
- 1 disc Ø 240 mm, 1 piston caliper
- Rear wheel:
- Single cylinder
, 4 stroke
- Cooling: by water
- Injection Ø nc
- 2 ACT
- 4 valves
(77 x 53.6 mm)
- Compression: 13.4: 1
2018 KTM 250 SX-F
2018 Honda CRF 250 R
Yamaha YZ 250 F 2018
Suzuki RM-Z 250 2018
Kawa having brought its share of evolutions to the 250 KX in 2018, the 2019 vintage only brings graphic changes. MX2 cross country therefore builds on…
The KTM 125 SX has displayed insolent health on the market for many years. And in view of the services offered, it has many years ahead of it. A real…
Lightning fast, the KTM 450 SX-F wants to reach seventh heaven. Thanks to its compact motor, which provides explosive but controllable power, it is the…
In the world of motocross, the KTM 250 SX boasts one of the best power-to-weight ratios in its class. Sure of its strength, it is even ready to do battle…
Adjustable cockpit, Launch Contol, 3 engine maps, an injection calibration kit, the Kawasaki KX 450 F offers you one goal: to be ahead of the pack !…
The KTM 250SX-F has dominated the world championship in the MX2 category for several years and has just added a new world champion title to its…
All new, the KX450F receives the latest “Factory” developments for 2012. Multiple innovations such as the departure management mode, unprecedented on a…
The Mash trail will not cross the Euro4 milestone. We can still get it at a great price while stocks last then … Then the manufacturer will give it…
The intrinsic qualities of the KX 250 F provide regulars on the racetrack with an excellent basis for climbing the podium steps. The design of the…
The big RM-Z never did things by halves, nor wanted to compromise. Basically, a motocross must do three vital things: move forward, turn and stop – and…