- 7 sizes, two shell sizes, 23 colors, 1470 grams, from € 181
- A stylish and affordable entry-level, which nevertheless has a few flaws
- Beautiful line, beautiful paint
- Acoustic weaknesses
- Features full face helmet AGV K-3SV
7 sizes, two shell sizes, 23 colors, 1470 grams, from € 181
A stylish and affordable entry-level, which nevertheless has a few flaws
In recent years, the K3-SV (SV for sun visor: internal sunscreen in the shell) has been an entry-level figure in the "sport" line of the Italian manufacturer AGV. And a neat entry level since, in addition to the internal sunscreen, this helmet has neat ventilation, with four inlets on the front and two extractors on the back. The lines are dynamic: the pointed front, the vents well integrated into the design, the domed base (an argument that is double-edged: because in fact, it is less stable when it is placed on a surface that is not necessarily flat, such as the trunk of the car in the morning, when I equip myself in the parking lot, near the motorcycle). Nevertheless: the look is sporty.
Beautiful line, beautiful paint
AGV does not hesitate to fully exploit their partnership with Valentino Rossi. The proof: of the 23 colors listed on the AGV site, more than six refer to the world of the planetary idol! Our test model is more sober, but we must recognize the quality of the paints and varnishes. Nothing drools and everything is in its place: of course, this seems obvious, but not everyone is there (on a recently tested HJC R-PHA Jet, there is still a small gap on the stickers on the spoiler, for example). Not there, this AGV is impeccable.
Same series of compliments about the ease of changing the screen or the adjustments, whether it is the embossed logo behind the helmet or the seals at the base, nothing moves, it’s perfect.
On the other hand, the small wind deflector at the neck is dislodged from its base with a blow of the chin each time the helmet is removed. That is a blow to lose him quickly. And it would be a shame so much it helps to limit the noise.
Threading is easy and the micrometric buckle fits well even if there are some irreducible ones (I’m one of them) of the double-D buckle. Moreover AGV has just released its last helmet with a double-D buckle precisely.
The foams are a bit firm when the helmet is new and they even take a long time to soften. There are helmets in which you feel like a slipper from the start and some that take time, the time for the foam to form the shape of the head. This is the case with this AGV.
In use, we appreciate its wide field of vision, the system which allows the screen to be blocked by letting a small stream of air pass (the small button between the two vents on the chin bar) and the effective ventilation which is easily handle.
We appreciate the original pinlock, which is not yet the case on all helmets on the market, especially in this price range. We just regret that the pinlock can only be mounted on the original transparent screen and not on the smoked screen available as an accessory; smoked screen which has the merit of not being too dark, which means that you can still drive with it when the light declines.
The AGV K3-SV actually suffers from only one major flaw: it is noisy and poorly soundproofed. When you pass through a tunnel, not all external noise is filtered out by the headphones. As a result, earplugs are recommended on long and medium journeys.
And that’s a shame, because, despite firm comfort, the dynamic qualities of this helmet are there, with good handling at high speeds without any instability or turbulence. This is where we see that this AGV was born from the racing school. And seen several times for less than 200 euros on the net, with the history that goes with it, this constitutes a well-profiled helmet, light in dynamics, racy and well ventilated..
- Racing look
- Good field of vision
- Quality of paintings & variety of decorations
- Easy to change screen
- Internal sunscreen
- Feeling of lightness
- Easy to handle vents
- Quality of adjustments
- Good aero handling at high speed
- No pinlock on smoked screen
- No double-D loop
- Insecure chin windscreen
- Slightly firm foams
- Domed base (so not always stable when placed somewhere …)
Features full face helmet AGV K-3SV
- 2 shell sizes in HIR-TH thermoplastic resin (high resistance thermoplastic resin)
- Inner shell in EPS in 4 sizes
- Dimensions of the EPS shell optimized thanks to the FEM system (Finite Elements Analysis-Analysis of Finite Elements)
- Approvals: ECE 2205, DOT, JIS, NBR, AS / NZS
- Ventilation system designed and optimized in a wind tunnel, including 4 front air intakes (3 front and one on the chin bar) and 2 rear extractors
- New visor mechanism with XQRS (Extra Quick Release System)
- Visor mechanism with PVS (Perimetrical Visor Seal) system
- GT 2 anti-scratch and anti-fog polycarbonate visor with total protection against UV rays
- Anti-scratch, removable and tool-less replaceable ISV integrated sun visor
- Removable nose guard
- Removable windproof neck protection
- Fully removable and washable 3D interior parts
- Dry-Comfort fabrics with antibacterial treatment
- Retention System with micrometric adjustment
- Anti-theft ring on the strap
- Weight: 1470g (+/- 50g) in size M
- Directions: worn for a few weeks daily and on trials
- Problem encountered: none
I am your helmet 5,000 km test Before, there were road helmets, sports helmets and cross country helmets. There are now enduro touring helmets, to…
18 colors, observed price from 639 to 759 € depending on the decoration A high-end sport-GT full-face helmet with external sunscreen In the family of…
5,000 km test Appeared in 1986 and then a service provider for renowned firms, the Italian manufacturer Airoh has, since 1997, been able to rise to the…
A versatile trail-style crossover X-Matric shell, sunscreen, visor and modular cap, 1,550 g, 399 euros It is beautiful your helmet! . I also had Wow your…
34 colors and liveries available, from 209 euros, available from XXS to XXXL A well-built, well-finished, fairly efficient mid-range integral Things,…
A sharp look and excellent quality of comfort and finish for this cross or supermotard helmet Sizes from XXS to XXXL, 4 inner and 3 outer shell sizes, 7…
The first helmet approved for both Integral and Jet 6,000 kilometers with the Shark Evoline The Shark EvoLine helmet is not a traditional modular. At…
Six years of intensive use, from the Paris ring road to the peaks of the Himalayas An efficient, versatile and well-built jet It was in 2010 that X-Lite…
6 colors, 7 sizes from XS to XXL, double jet and full homologation, 529 € The French brand is finally changing its modular star Concerning them, there is…
Sport Class 5,000 km test There are road helmets and sports helmets. This is the case of the latest Scorpion with the full Exo-R1 Air , which replaces…