- What you must remember
- Make yourHarley-Davidson CVO ROAD GLIDE CUSTOM 1800 FLTRXSE 2012
- The technical aspect
- Related articles
The imposing Road Glide Ultra discreetly gives way in 2012 to this no less negligible CVO 1800 Road Glide Custom. Rid of its Tourer Pak trunk, this beautiful vessel brings a new dimension to the Bagger style, and presents a much more airy rear profile.. Smaller windshield, smaller cargo carrying capacity, less ostentatious appearance, and around 40 pounds less on the scale; Custom is to Road Glide Ultra what Street is to Electra. And as befits a CVO version, this achievement switches to luxury and high quality finish. Stunning paintings combined with a series of CVO motifs will impress homeowners and onlookers alike. The bike is polished from start to finish with a host of chrome and accessories, a 200 watt Harman Kardon audio system, splendid Agitator wheels, and the end of the day, the Twin Cam pushed in its 110 ci version, or 1803 cm3.
With its Heavy Breather air intake system, the CVO Road Glide Custom twin-cylinder takes on the air of dragster prep. This is not his goal, however, even if there are almost 100 nags in the connecting rods and a big ladle of torque (over 16 mkg). The ideal of the Twin Cam 110 is to take this cruiser with its special style with force and emotion. The Shark-nose muffle head is not attached to the steering (like the Electra) but to the frame itself, thus reducing the weight of the steering.
Produced in 2,100 copies, the Road Glide Custom pampered by Custom Vehicle Operations is flamboyant to the eyes and searing for the wallet. Provide a check for 38,000 euros ….
Key features of the CVO Road Glide Custom:
– The Screamin ’Eagle Twin Cam 110 engine™ of 1,803 cm3 of displacement, mounted in the frame on rubber supports, displays a torque of 162 Nm at 3,500 rpm. The engine is equipped with a sequential port electronic fuel injection (ESPFI) system, electronic cruise control (ETC) and benefits from a 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission.
– New engine air intake system called Heavy Breather with black aluminum cover and shiny aluminum details affixed to the air filter.
– Dual chrome exhaust including 4-inch Touring mufflers with black die-cast aluminum tips and chrome tips.
– New dynamic audio system delivering 100 watts of power per channel (200 watts total) and including a two-way MTX device, 5 by 7 inch speakers mounted in the fairing and two 2 inch tweeters on the transom on board. The amplifier is located in the fairing. Harman / Kardon advanced dynamic audio system with CD / AM / FM / WB. The system includes an 8 GB Apple iPod nano engraved with the “Bar and Shield” logo, an iPod radio interface and an iPod holder housed in the right bag..
– New custom two-piece saddle with contrasting stitching; color of wire or protection coordinated with the color of the paint of the motorcycle. Removable passenger ottoman.
– New internally wired handlebars with coordinated black manual controls.
– New aerodynamic Wind Splitter smoked windshield.
– Sleek, color-coordinated tank console with dazzling CVO graphics.
– New brushed nickel Skull tank and medallions on the fairing.
– Custom Agitator wheels (19-inch front, 18-inch rear) with coordinating floating brake discs.
– The Rumble range dresses the model with piping on the rider’s footboards, inlays on the passenger’s footrests, selector tips, a brake pedal and black rubber grips accented with shiny chrome.
– Wider rigid saddlebags, injection molded. Color-matched rear panel with brake lights and LED indicators.
– The new Customer Care package includes a tool kit, a microfiber cloth and an H-D kickstand..
M.B – Manufacturer pictures
What you must remember
yourHarley-Davidson CVO ROAD GLIDE CUSTOM 1800 FLTRXSE 2012
Estimate, calculate and compare the cost of insuring your motorcycle.
Calculate the cost of
Test the price of the motorcycle insurance specialist
on 2 opinion
Read the reviews
CVO ROAD GLIDE ULTRA 1800 FLTR 2011
Model marketed in
about 170 km / h
The technical aspect
Harley-Davidson CVO ROAD GLIDE CUSTOM 1800 FLTRXSE 2012
- Frame: Double steel cradle
- Tank: 22.7 liters
- Seat height: 699 mm
- Length: 2,443 mm
- Wheelbase: 1613 mm
- Dry weight: 366 kg
- Weight in running order: 383 kg
- Train before
- Telescopic fork Ø 43 mm
- 2 discs Ø 300 mm, 4 piston calipers
- Front wheel:
- 6-speed gearbox
- Secondary toothed belt transmission
- Rear axle
- 2 pneumatic side shock absorbers
- 1 disc Ø 300 mm, 4 piston caliper
- Rear wheel:
- Twin cylinder
in V at 45 °
, 4 stroke
- Cooling: Air cooling
- 2 valves per cylinder
(101.6 x 111.252 mm)
at 3,500 rpm
- Weight ratio /
kg / hp
- Compression: 9.15: 1
2012 Honda GL 1800 GOLDWING
Victory (USA) VISION TOUR ARLEN NESS 2012
The Road Glide was eclipsed from the Harley France catalog in the middle of the last decade. His career has since continued in the USA. But to get back…
New in 2013: a concealed antenna, a powerful LED headlight and a more ergonomic black handlebar. The CVO Road Glide Custom FLTRXSE2, offered in a limited…
The most menacing and luxurious of Milwaukee baggers. By entering the CVO department, the Road Glide passes into specialized hands, gains top-notch…
You can have the Touring spirit without necessarily falling into the exuberant panache of an Electra Glide Ultra Classic. But you may want a machine with…
The combination of Harley’s Custom Vehicle Operations department and the Electra Glide Ultra Classic is renewed this year to deliver the pinnacle of the…
The Road Glide has made its comeback in France under the cloak of prestige. Long-haul road, with its famous “Nose Shark” fairing which stands out, it…
The Road Glide is back in France. Long-haul road, with its famous “Nose Shark” fairing which stands out, it appeals to the big rider in its Special…
The CVO is a creative tool like no other, masterfully crafted, forging and forging machines of superior refinement. This new Softail Convertible is a…
Less exuberant and yet even more equipped in 2020, the FLTRXSE becomes more technological than ever. What better could the most menacing and luxurious of…
Cruise halfway between the Electra Glide Ultra Classic and the Road King? Certainly more alongside the Electra, from which it takes a good part of the…