2020 World Superbike and World Supersport race calendar
The World Superbike will travel to 13 circuits again in 2020, but its international reach is diminishing with the demise of the American and Thai events. SBK and SSP riders to return to Germany and make third stop in Spain. Request the program !
(Attention, multiple updates due to the coronavirus: see the calendar below)
Philip Island will reopen hostilities in World Superbike, very early in the season to take advantage of the beautiful end of the southern summer. The MotoGP riders who ride there during the cool and rainy spring will still be green with envy !
Big news for 2020: the Losail event – at night – which traditionally closed the World Superbike Championship in recent years, is brought forward to mid-March. It replaces the appointment of Buriram, Thailand no longer among the destinations of the WorldSBK 2020.
The stages of Aragon and Jerez will exchange the 3rd and 6th dates, always framing the essential meetings of Assen and Imola. The WorldSBK will then go to Misano and then to Donington Park (as in 2019) but will no longer go to Laguna Seca…
A world championship … more European
The United States is effectively wiped off the Superbike map, much to the disappointment of Garret Gerloff, the new hope of American speed at world rank … The abandonment of Laguna Seca, on the other hand, means that the World Supersport riders will no longer be deprived of a test.
The World Superbike – SBK and SSP categories therefore – will return to Orschesleben, circuit visited between 2000 and 2004. This new stop has the merit of cutting the long summer break in two, without entering into competition or falling too close to the 8 Hours of Suzuka ( race on Saturday July 19, 2020).
Portimao is renewed at the beginning of September, as Magny-Cours at the end of September 2020. Between the two, Barcelona will make its first appearance in the WorldSBK calendar which becomes less international but more Spanish! Finally, San Juan (in Argentina, not in Spain) will complete the competition for the first time in 2020.
WorldSBK and WorldSSP 2020 race calendar (update of August 18, 2020)
- – Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit: February 28 – March 1
- Spain (1) – Circuito de Jerez-Ángel Nieto: July 31 – August 02 ()
- Portugal (1) – Autódromo Internacional do Algarve: August 7-9 ()
- Spain (2) – MotorLand Aragón: August 28-30 ()
- Spain (3) – MotorLand Aragón: September 4-6 ()
- Spain (4) – Circuit de Barcelona – Catalunya: September 18-20 ()
- France – Nevers Magny-Cours circuit: October 2-4 ()
- Portugal (2) – Estoril Circuit: October 16-18 ()
See you next year
- Italy – Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari di Imola: May 8-10 ()
- Germany – Motorsport Arena Oschersleben: July 31 – August 2 ()
- Britain – Donington Park ()
- Netherlands – TT Circuit Assen (then)
- Qatar – Losail International Circuit (then)
- Argentina – Circuito San JuanVillicum: October 9-11 (Canceled)
- Italy – Misano World Circuit "Marco Simoncelli": November 6-8 (then canceled)
- – Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit: February 24-25
- Spain – MotorLand Aragón: July 16-17
2020 MotoGP Grand Prix World Championship Race Calendar The 2020 Motorcycle Grand Prix World Championship will take place over 20 races with the arrival…
2010 World Superbike Calendar After having published the provisional MotoGP 2010 calendar (read Site of November 16, 2009), the International…
2018 World Superbike calendar and reports The Superbike World Championship will leave in 2018 for a new 13-date tour. The Lausitzring and Jerez stages…
New WorldSBK 2020 calendar … with double dose of Supersport ! The schedule that GMT94 members told Site at the end of last week is confirmed:…
2016 World Superbike calendar and reports The Superbike world championship will have 14 events in 2016. Site delivers the complete calendar to you, to…
2011 World Superbike Calendar Update November 24, 2010 Donington March 27, 2011 + Imola September 25, 2011 October 8, 2010 – After having published the…
2013 Superbike and Supersport race calendar As every year, find throughout the WSBK and WSSP 2013 season the links to our complete reports of each race,…
Calendar of the 2018 Moto GP World Championship The 2018 Motorcycle Grand Prix World Championship will take place over 19 events instead of 18 with the…
Great Britain, Netherlands and Qatar jump off WorldSBK 2020 calendar The hecatomb continues in World Superbike … The organizers regret to cancel three…
Jonathan Rea remains at Kawasaki in World Superbike until 2020 With his three consecutive Superbike World Championship titles and his 60 victories,…